CALL FOR ENTRIES
From 18 to 23 September 2017
Deadline for submission of applications: 10th of July 2017
The main aim of the OUAGA FILM LAB development and co-production residency is to strengthen the competitiveness of West African directors and producers within major international labs, as well as to facilitate their access to local funds, international co-productions and a close collaboration with experienced mentors from around the continent.
This call for proposals is aimed at West African film and audiovisual professionals who meet the criteria set out in the regulations of OUAGA FILM LAB 2017. At the deadline of the call for entries, a committee will select the 10 best cinematographic projects that will be invited to participate in the 2nd edition of the OUAGA FILM LAB. The main criterion of selection is the artistic quality of the projects presented as well as the sensitivity of the subject.
Submission is free and should be done online at www.ouagafilmlab.net It must be completed before Monday, July 10th, 2017 at 00 UT.
About the submission procedures, please refer to the Regulations on our website.
At the end of the week of training, meetings and presentations of projects, the following prizes will be awarded to the best projects:
- EAVE Award : a grant to a producer to participate to the EAVE Producers Workshop in 2018 ;
- SUD ECRITURE Award: a grant to participate to a writing residency in Tunisia ;
- FIDADOC Award: a grant to participate to a documentary project development workshop from the Agadir International Documentary Film Festival in Morocco ;
- “CINEMA DU MONDE / INSTITUT FRANCAIS” Award: a grant to participate to an international writing residency ;
- Ouaga Film Lab Award : a grant to participate to a writing residency at Le Moulin d’Andé, in partenrship with the CNC (France)
For further information, please visit our website www.ouagafilmlab.net or contact the GENERATION FILMS office: email@example.com
The 2nd edition of OUAGA FILM LAB will take place from 18 to 23 September 2017 in Ouagadougou and will be organized in close collaboration with EAVE (European Audiovisual Entrepreneurs), the Institut français (IF Paris, IF Burkina Faso, la Fabrique des cinémas du Monde, la Cinémathèque Afrique), the Institut Imagine de Ouagadougou, the Festival international de film documentaire d’Agadir au Maroc (FIDADOC), Sud Ecriture (Tunisia) and SODEC (Québec).
OUAGA FILM LAB is supported by the Swiss Cooperation Office in Burkina Faso, UNICEF Burkina Faso, the Centre national du cinéma et de l’image animée (CNC) français, the Goethe Institute in Ouagadougou, Canal Plus and the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Burkina Faso.